Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Just Because I Could

About a month ago I blogged about the Train Protection Warning System (TPWS) grids I'd had 3D printed in order to hide the light sensors I use as part of my scale speed trap. While these are tiny items (their bounding box is just 9mm x 13.12mm x 1mm), I decided, just because I could, to design a set of the smaller TPWS grids. These smaller grids are fitted to sidings, where the low speeds involved aren't conducive to the use of the full size grids (you get interference).

These mini buffer stop grids are really really small; their bounding box is just 9mm x 8.05mm x 1mm! Fortunately the tiny size isn't an issue for the 3D printing process involved and my test print was delivered today.

Those of you who have browsed around Penistone Railway Works, may well have been able to predict this blog post, as I'd listed these grids as "Coming Soon". Now that I've actually handled the printed model, if you are in need of some small TPWS grids, I'll happily sell you a set of four for a very reasonable price.

1 comment: