Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Scottish Crates

Having built a loading dock alongside the factory siding I need something to load. Fortunately I'd already sourced something appropriate on my trip to Edinburgh.

When I arrived in Edinburgh I had the afternoon to kill, so rather than heading straight to my hotel I took a slight detour to visit Harburn Hobbies. My reason for visiting the shop was to see their Harburn Hamlet range of N gauge accessories, and after careful consideration I came away with a stack of wooden crates (item number HN 606).

While the stack looks quite good placed on the loading dock, it is also perfectly sized to fit within the open goods wagons meaning I can move it around the layout if I want to. Now of course I need to populate the layout with workers to make the scene more realistic.

2 comments:

  1. I'm obviously never going to cease to be surprised by what is available to the model maker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The range of things you can buy is amazing and does allow you to develop a railway really quickly. Of course just buying everything isn't really modelling, hence me trying to make trees and signs by hand.

      Delete