Saturday, October 25, 2014

To The Printers!

While the only difference from the previous post is the addition of a few bolts around the coupling hook I thought it was worth sharing a nice large rendering of the final model of the Sand Hutton wagon.
I've now broken the model down into a few separate parts (body, underframe, coupling hook, etc.) and have ordered a couple of prints. It usually takes just over a week for the prints to arrive so I'll just have to find some other modelling to fill the time until then. Maybe I'll finally get around to finishing the coupling rods on Canopus, or maybe I'll get distracted by something else. You'll just have to wait and see.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck. I hope you don't need luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian. I'm actually a little nervous about this one. The joint axle boxes might make getting the wheels in a pain and there are a couple of surprises in store with this print which may or may not work; i.e. I might be left with a mountain of useless acrylic if it doesn't all go completely to plan. If it all works well though then I'm going to be seriously impressed with this model. Watch this space (in just over a weeks time).

      Delete
  2. Looks splendid. I have some difficulty, though, with the fact that the picture is many times larger than the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's difficult to calculate exactly how many times bigger (I guess it will be related to screen resolution etc.), but the model would comfortably fit in a box just 29mm by 19mm by 20mm. So yes it's small!

      Delete
  3. The large render looks wonderful, I hope the print goes well and I'm looking forward to seeing the result on here soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it all goes to plan, I think it's going to be an excellent model, but given the few new things I've tried on this one I'm not quite as confidant as normal. I just have to sit back and wait for the prints to turn up.

      Delete