Friday, October 7, 2016

A Display Model

While I've painted numerous models for myself, one of which even did well in a competition, and built a model as a commission, until recently one thing I hadn't done was produce a display model. As I won't be going to ExpoNG this year and I didn't fancy risking any of my completed Hudson-Hunslet models in the post, I decided it would be good to have a display model that people could see on the Narrow Planet stand to entice them into buying a kit.


As a display model it doesn't need to work so it doesn't contain a motor or layshaft etc. This is partly as I built it around a misprinted brass chassis that won't hold the layshaft, as well as some gears on the axles that I damaged during building of the first prototype model. Of course none of that matters when it's simply being viewed on the display stand. So if you haven't had the chance to see one of these Hudson-Hunslet models in the flesh yet, have a day out at ExpoNG and hunt out the Narrow Planet stand for a good look.

As well as being fun to build I also experimented with a new painting technique but that can wait for another post.

1 comment:

  1. Recently I've had to solder some very fine 12v wires for new LED lighting. It's another challenge I've decided to meet head on after abandoning soldering anything years ago (before the pre-fluxed solder days). I succeeded but it made me realise that even working at that scale was large when compared to the fineness of some of the work you are undertaking. It just increased my admiration of your dedication, patience and skill.

    ReplyDelete